born 13 April 1976 in Rymanów beside Krosno, Poland) is a Polish LGBT activist and politician. He was previously a member of Social Democracy of the Republic of Poland party and the Democratic Left Alliance. Member of Your Movement. He also serves on the board of the Polish Campaign Against Homophobia. Formerly a member of the Sejm, he is currently the mayor of Słupsk.
Biedroń has received the following education:
- doctor of political sciences at Pułtusk Academy of Humanities (2011),
- completion diploma of Warsaw School for Political Leaders (2010),
- completion diploma of School of Human Rights at Helsinki Committee for Human Rights (2006),
- absolutory and then Bachelor degree in economy at Kazimierz Pułaski Technical University of Radom (2001 and 2010),
- Master degree in political science at University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn (2000),
- absolutory (certificate of completion of studies but not licentiate nor master degree) of civil law at Jagiellonian University (1999).
Political and personal life
In 2005, Biedroń was an unsuccessful Democratic Left Alliance (SLD) candidate for the Sejm, the lower house of the Polish parliament. In 2006 he won in election for the Olsztyn Regional Assembly as an SLD candidate. During his term he proposed more than 740 corrections to the regional bylaw, more than 600 of which were accepted. He was victim of homophobic aggression and of hate speech spread by members of the Catholic church.
The following year, in the October 2011 parliamentary elections, Biedroń was elected to the Sejm as a candidate of Palikot's Movement receiving 16,919 votes in the Gdynia district. He is the first openly gay member of the Sejm. In 2014 Biedroń won the mayoral elections in city Słupsk, he secured 57% of the vote. He thus became the first openly gay mayor ever in Poland.
His life partner is Krzysztof ¦miszek.
Biedron in the City Hall...
The real face of Biedron and his lies...
Biedron effect in Slupsk...
References: Wikipedia, KWW Nareszcie Zmiana, Urząd Miejski w Słupsku, Gazeta Wyborcza, Gryf24.pl, Google+,
Super Słupsk, Wikipedia, Słupsk On-line
Games, wallpapers, applications, polyphony and... all mobile click here>>>